Sunday, August 11, 2013

Making Some Friends

SOOO the past few days I have been hanging out with some pretty cool people! I met some kids (kinda my age haha, a litttle older) that love the Lord as much as I do! They have been showing me around and taking me sight seeing. (Poughkeepsie area is VERY historical, which is AWESOME!) But anyway, they have been making this transition a lot easier! So if any of you ready this, thank you very much!!! You are much appreciated! Thank you all also for your prayers! Its been getting easier but I still feel a heaviness. Not exactly sure what it is from but it is always the same time each day...right around 5, so right before dinner. I am hoping this is just nerves because I have been praying a lot and taking in everything I can right now. Tomorrow is my start date and I am thinking that maybe I am just worried and nervous about that. But who knows, I am not sleeping very well at night either, I wake up at least once every night. Also that might just be from such a drastic change. Honestly, it might take time but as of now, this does not feel like home. It is where I am living and residing and I am very thankful for it, but it just doesnt have that warm and fuzzy feeling when I walk through the door. I am hoping this changes because I REALLY like it here in NY! I think I just need to be here a while to be able to call it home. I feel like God has called me here and this is His plan for me at the time being. BUT I do not think it is just about me being a nanny. I think I was also suppose to come here for the people I have met. In just a few days my faith has grown abundantly! The friends I have made have pushed me to pray harder, dive into the bible more, and live out my actions through Christ's love. I believe God has a HUGE plan for me here! No matter what it is, I will remain faithful and ask for His strength daily. Gods plan is the best plan. :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like some great friends! Hang in there sweet girl. God will NEVER leave you or forsake you. Your Jesus is right there by your side. Call to Him, receive from Him and pour Him out! Love you girl

    ReplyDelete